This highly competitive program will be open to both undergraduate and graduate students with an interest to pursue a career in the entertainment, media, sports, music, and technology industry. Students will be required to commit to an 8-10 week paid internship in the Los Angeles area.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time at an HBCU or Predominately Minority Institution (PMI).
- College Students transferring from a community college to a four-year HBCU or PMI may also apply.
- Students who have completed college or graduate school prior to December 31, 2021, will NOT be eligible.
- Students who are graduating between January 1, 2022, and June 30, 2022, will be eligible to apply.
- Non-US citizens must provide an INS work authorization permit or CPT letter within 10 days after notification of being selected to participate in the internship program to qualify as an intern. In order to be paid, you must have a U.S. Social Security number prior to the start of your internship.
- All internships are paid by the host company for a 32 to 40-hour workweek.
- Internship start dates will take place between early to mid-June. Host companies will determine the exact start date once the student intern has been identified and selected. Regardless of when the internship begins, it will end 8-10 weeks after the determined start date.
- All students selected may be subject to a background check prior to final internship placement by the host Company.
What we are looking for during the selection process:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Résumé that is reflective of your career passion
- Students with strong campus engagement and leadership roles
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Strong critical thinking skills and good judgment
- Ability to take initiative and follow directions
- Ability to articulate ideas
- Analytical ability
- Engaged team players
- Out of the box creative thinkers
- Highly motivated
- Persuasive and candid
Participation in an Entertainment Industry HBCU Immersion experience in Los Angeles.
Participate in an 8-10 week internship with major studios, networks, agencies, record labels, sports, technology, and other leading industry organizations
Participate in various professional development programs to equip participants for employment upon graduation
Receive career guidance and coaching from industry professionals
Studio Tours, field trips, and masterclasses
Networking and mentoring
Hosted screenings & panel discussions
EICOP’s HBCU in LA Internship Program is designed to complement and enhance students’ educational experience by creating access to an invaluable internship experience, to develop students both personally and professionally in order to leverage opportunities that can lead to employment post-graduation.