HOW TO APPLY!
The Entertainment Law & Policy Fellowship, is the result of a partnership between the Motion Picture Association and the Entertainment Industry College Outreach Program. It is the first of its kind to serve recent graduates from Historically Black Colleges & Universities, Hispanic Serving Institutions and other minority serving institutions. This prestigious program eliminates systemic barriers to entry by providing selected Fellows with housing, travel and pay stipends to participate in the year-long program. Fellows will gain relevant work experience working with MPA member studios, interacting with senior-level industry executives and policy makers, while building the skills needed to prepare them to lead as future law and policy leaders.
This pipeline solution program is designed to equip a talent pool ready-for-hire in today’s global creative workforce. Fellows will join EICOP’s thriving HBCU in LA alumni network upon completion of the program to ensure they have the support and resources needed to successfully navigate their professional career goals.
All applicants must have a demonstrated interested and focus in entertainment law and/or policy. The program will take place between Washington, DC and Los Angeles.
Application Opens September 28, 2021!!
Open to diverse candidates from HBCUs, Hispanic Serving Institutions and other predominately minority serving institutions.
Must be recent graduates (spring 2020 to upcoming spring 2022) with either a related bachelor’s degree, JD, Master’s or other related advanced degree.
Provide proof of confirmed degree
Must be 18 years of age or older
Must have the legal right to work in the United States without via sponsorship
Must commit to participating in the program from June 1, 2022 to June 2, 2023
Have a strong interest to pursue a career in Policy & Law within the entertainment industry
Demonstrated leadership qualities, work experience, and community involvement
- Completed Application by December 30, 2021 @ 11:59pm PT
- Submit Personal Statement (500 words) that answers the following questions:
- What experiences influenced you to pursue law school and/or an interest in entertainment Law & Policy?
- What makes you an exceptional candidate for this fellowship?
- What impact do you hope to bring to the table?
- Two Letters of Recommendation
The selection will be highly competitive, based on a combination of the following:
- Demonstrated interest to pursue a career in Policy & Law within the entertainment industry
- Previous internships and/or related work experience
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills
- Professional and positive demeanor with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Willingness to travel between Washington, DC and Los Angeles
The Fellowship will take place June 1, 2022, through June 2, 2023
- Application opens September 28, 2021
- Application closes December 30, 2021 @ 11:59pm PT.
- Selected Fellows announced – April, 2022
- Fellows begin 3-months with MPA LA Office – June , 2022
- Fellows 3-months with MPA DC office – September, 2022
- Fellows 6-months with Member Studio – January – June, 2023