HBCU IN LA INTERNSHIP: HOW TO APPLY!
The Entertainment Industry College Outreach Program Program’s “HBCU in LA Internship Program” application CLOSED!
We are looking for the best and brightest diverse student leaders to participate in this historic program. It is to both undergraduate and graduate students from HBCUs and other predominantly minority-serving institutions.
This highly competitive program is open to students of all majors with a genuine interest and passion to pursue a career in the Entertainment, Media, Sports, Music, E-Sports, Communication, and Technology industry. Students accepted into the program will be immersed in an 8-10 week intensive internship experience working behind the scenes with major studios, networks, agencies, record labels, production companies, and other leading industry organizations.
To get started you will need to first create an Applicant Account to access the student internship application:
- Go to the Log In tab
- Select “Sign In”, answer the few questions and hit “Submit”.
- You will be able to log in right away with your email address and the password you just created.
- Fill out all four tabs to complete your application. At each step, hit the “Save”.
- You will be able to revisit your application by logging-in as many times as needed (to modify or update) during the application period.
- When you have completed all required materials, finalize your application by signing it and hitting the “Submit” button allowing the review process to start. (Note: Once you submit your application you will NOT be able to make any additional changes.)
- Be sure to review all guidelines and rules before completing your application.
- Make sure you provide all the information before the application period closes on December 30, 2020 / 11:59 PM (PST). Unsubmitted applications by that date will be disregarded.
HOW TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION!
- Complete all tabs of the application.
- Attach your picture (headshot).
- Attach a one-page résumé.
- Include a personal statement: In 300 words share your background and interest to participate in the program. Share how your experience in this summer program will fit into your professional career goals.
- Attach two letters of recommendation addressed to “LA Internship Committee”: At least one letter of recommendation must come from an academic and MUST be on official institutional letterhead that provides recommender’s contact email and phone number. Be sure to ask professors, advisers, internship supervisor or job supervisor who can speak to your talents, academic work and career potential.
- Submit a transcript (unofficial or official) of college courses and grades. You must have at least a 3.0 GPA (weighted) to be considered for this program. Students with impressive applications but fail to meet the GPA requirement will still be considered, but will be required to write an additional essay explaining their GPA.
Note: Your headshot must be a JPG file. All other documents must be PDF files.
Finalists will be notified by the end of January or early February and will be asked to submit a two-minute video supporting their interest to participate in the program. Once finalists are chosen they will upload their video via YouTube, Vimeo or a publicly shared Dropbox folder. Private videos and broken links will be disqualified.
All items must be submitted before an application will be considered.
Finalists Notified by February 12, 2021.